How rape trials should go?
- Lawyer: Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but she was drunk and passed out.
- Lawyer: That's not what I asked. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but she was wearin-
- Lawyer: I didn't ask what she was wearing. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes, but-
- Lawyer: I didn't ask anything else. It's just a simple yes or no answer. Did he rape her?
- Witness: Yes.
- Laywer: Yes, he raped her.
- Rape is rape is rape, no matter the context.
no but the best part is how he got the name:
his name was originally “potatoes,” and his owner, willoughby bertie, told the stable lad who helped him to write the horse’s name on a feed bin. the boy misheard it as, literally “pot-eight-o’s” and wrote it with 8 o’s. bertie found it so funny that he kept that as the horses name.